There shall be a comprehensive plan adopted and implemented by the assembly, which shall be presented to the assembly by the planning commission for adoption by ordinance. The plan shall serve as a guide for all planning commission recommendations and all assembly legislative action concerning land use and development issues. Among other prescriptions, it shall include the following:
(1) statements of policies, goals, and standards;
(2) a land use plan;
(3) community facilities plan;
(4) classification, plan, and requirements for disposal of borough lands;
(5) a transportation plan; and
(6) recommendations for implementation of the comprehensive plan.